Application materials are due January 15 (for all applicants, both international and US). Offers of admission are usually made by mid March.
We have switched to an online application system. The new application and directions for submission are available at the following Graduate School website: http://grad.uw.edu/admissions/apply-now/
You will be asked to submit the following materials online:
- Online Graduate School Application for Admission with application fee
- One or two-page essay describing academic background and career goals
- Three letters of recommendation referring to competence in projected fields of study
- Critical writing sample in English (10-15 pages)
- Language Questionnaire (PDF)
- TAship Fellowship Questionnaire (PDF)
- GRE (general test) scores. Applicants should ask Educational Testing Service (ETS) to send official scores to the University of Washington, institution code 4854.
- TOEFLiBT score (for international applicants). Applicants should ask Educational Testing Service (ETS) to send official scores to the University of Washington, institution code 4854. If you are interested in a Teaching Assistantship, spoken English proficiency MUST be met with a score of at least 26 on the speaking portion of TOEFLiBT. We are phasing out usage of IELTS. IELTS with a test session date after November 1, 2016 will not be accepted.
For the online application go to Graduate Admissions at the University of Washington
Besides TAships offered through the Comparative Literature, Cinema & Media Department, fellowships offered through the Jackson School of International Studies may be an excellent source of funding your studies. More information is available at the following website: http://jsis.washington.edu/advise/flas/
For further information please contact:
Department of Comparative Literature, Cinema & Media, Box 354338 University of Washington Seattle, WA 98195-4338
Telephone: (206) 543-7542 Fax: (206) 685-2017 email: firstname.lastname@example.org